Through our parent company, the Sparrows Group, we supply specialist equipment for your crane, lifting, and cable / pipe lay operations. Designed to minimise life cycle maintenance, Sparrows equipment is reliable and can be customised to meet individual customer requirements.
Sparrows Group’s WindMaster cranes are designed specifically for use on offshore wind turbine platforms. As a standard design with a number of optional features that can be added, this highly customisable range ensures you get the exact specification that fits your needs.
Features built into the crane design include:
- Hydraulic Power Unit (HPU) located separately from main crane structure – greatly increases ease of maintenance and reduces time and costs of repairs
- Slew lock function – no boom rest required, saving space
- Uses biodegradable oils – supports your environmental goals
- Multiple hook on points – allow for quick and easy attachment of personnel emergency evacuation equipment
- Set with limits – prevents accidental contact with the tower and blades
- Winch drum with lebus grooving – better alignment protects wire rope integrity
Cable and pipe lay equipment
Sparrows Group provides both rental and new-build solutions that supports cable and pipe lay operations. Equipment includes:
- Complete lay systems
- Tensioners (2-track and 4-track)
- Reel drives
- Under rollers
- Associated power and control systems
- Well intervention deployment systems
- Any equipment associated with the handling of flexibles e.g. lay chutes, roller paths, Bow Cable Engines (BCEs)
We currently have an extensive tensioner rental fleet that ranges from 10Te to 15Te safe working loads for the offshore wind sector. They have been designed to be simple to operate, reliable and compact, providing comfortable working conditions and excellent visibility for operators. Download our brochure to see the technical specifications for each tensioner in our rental fleet.
Key features of our tensioners include:
- Highly customisable (includes rental fleet)
- DNV-GL, LR certified
- Fast mobilisation
- Remote connectivity
The solutions we deliver include full technical support for trouble shooting and maintenance, and we also provide technicians to operate the equipment.
Our engineering teams often design bespoke solutions for specific and challenging projects and even our rental fleet can be customised to meet customer requirements.